Poseidon Plumbing (I didn’t make their website) is a local plumbing company that ordered some business cards (not from me) and was not altogether pleased with what they received. They asked that I design them some new cards using their existing logo, and sent a copy of their current card design for reference:
The first thing I wanted to do was clean up the logo. I manually redrew the Ps, adjusted their spacing and colour, and left off the stroke. Which I think lends it a simpler, cleaner look.
I added the company name, and defined a faint gradient for it and the P in the foreground. And made versions for both light, and dark backgrounds.
Scott liked the back of my card and wanted something like it for his own, but which conveyed the idea of water. I guess plumbers deal a lot with water, I don’t know.
I rewrote my business card viewer, using the Altered Effect Actionscript 3 library I’ve been developing, to make presenting the card easier and more effective.
Cards may appear blurry in the viewer, but such behaviour is expected. Flash rasterizes as soon as you rotate about the Y axis.
I’ve included some JPGs, which will be slightly clearer, though they are similarly small. To be perfectly honest, they are the source images used by the flash viewer.
Tomorrow I’ll get them printed.