It was Halloween recently, and my months of reclusive toil finally came to fruition.
Costume making is bulky work, my apartment is now crowded with recently purchased crafting equipment – a heat gun, a rotary tool, and even a sewing machine; yards of fabric, and metres of interlocking foam; and can after can of sprayable paint.
Since I made the costume, it seems only fitting that I blog a bit about the process.
My Witcher costume includes:
- foam armour, imitating wet-molded leather
- the shirt, including fake-leather strips and chain
- the pants and codpiece
- the pauldrons, and accompanying straps
- the pendant, with glowing eyes
- the swords, specifically the pommels and guards
- the fake scars and contacts